Home > Medical Services > Naturopathic Medicine
Distinct Health Care
Getting To The Root Of The Matter
Naturopathic medicine is focused on finding the root cause of your health problems. This type of medicine wants to know what your body is really saying when you have a headache or high blood pressure or other health problems. Like a medically minded and health conscious Sherlock Holmes, it analyzes your symptoms as “clues” to a bigger picture. It is not about strange potions, curious concoctions, mystical incantations and peculiar agendas. Naturopathic physicians are well trained in the basic sciences, just as any medical student would be. However, the focus is not just on one organ or a single symptom but rather a comprehensive health portrait that incorporates everything about you as a completely unique person and a uniquely complete individual. Naturopathic medicine emerges from naturopathic philosophy.
- Treat the whole person. The body is highly integrated and all systems must be considered when treating any dysfunction.
- First, do no harm. The practitioner must be mindful of long term consequences of treatment and the danger of only suppressing symptoms.
- Identify and treat the cause. Symptoms are not the cause of illness and should not be treated as such. Symptoms are a signal that the body is under stress.
- Prevention is the best cure. It is the responsibility of both the practitioner and the patient to create an environment conducive to health.
- Doctor as teacher. The original meaning of the word “doctor was “teacher”. One of the practitioner’s primary responsibilities is to educate the patient. A congenial and cooperative doctor-patient relationship has inherent therapeutic value.
The Naturopathic Practice
- Assessment. Through appropriate symptom analysis, physical examination and laboratory testing, the patient’s concerns are thoroughly evaluated.
- Clinical nutrition is the cornerstone of naturopathic medicine. Our diet provides the building blocks for the chemical reactions that occur in the body. Many medical conditions can be treated with diet changes and nutraceuticals alone . Any treatment plan can be more effective when nutrition is addressed.
- Homeopathic medicine as a support or alternative. Unlike pharmaceutical treatments, homoeopathic remedies are based on the principle of ” like cures like”. While a substance given in large quantities can cause symptoms, homeopathy demonstrates that the same substance, given in minute quantities, will strengthen the immune system and encourage the body to heal itself.
- Botanical medicine. Plant substances are used to create a variety of natural medicines, which is many cases are more compatible with the bodies’ own chemistry than synthetic drugs.
- Physical medicine and hydrotherapy. Specialized exercises can be use to mobilize areas of restricted movement. Water is an excellent tool to increase the circulation of blood and lymphatic fluid, helping the body to fight infection.
- Counselling and lifestyle management. An opportunity to explore the endless possibilities that exist to make life happier and healthier!
Trying to handle Live Younger fast paced, hectic, sleep deprived, multi-tasking, frantic and frustrating world, means most of the time many of us are ‘running on empty’. High stress schedules or situations put a constant demand on your body’s vital nutrients and building blocks to repair, restore and simply keep up.
If you feel exhausted, run down, worn out and weary, infusion therapy may be the answer. If you are troubled by a frustrating struggle to shed weight or you are burdened by insomnia or unsatisfactory sleep, infusion therapy could be the solution.
When you undergo infusion therapy, vital nutrients are infused into your body, bypassing your digestive system. The remarkable results can include:
- Optimized metabolism
- Energy restoration
- Improved endurance
- Restful sleep
- Improved immunity
- Protection against certain cancers
- Healthy estrogen balance….and more.
Naturopathic Practitioner In Calgary
You Deserve A Better Quality of Life
All those years of writing prescriptions, I realized my patients weren’t really getting BETTER. A drug for this and a drug for that…the same dose for everyone, even though every person is a unique individual. Then I discovered a Better way!